Keith Bufford M.D.
My decision to practice medicine came as a result of my first hand experience as a patient. As a child I had asthma and spent a lot of time in the hospital. In High School my increasing interest in healthcare led me to shadow my family physician who became my mentor. Working in nursing homes and at East Alabama Medical Center during college solidified my interest. My mission is to treat my patients as I would like to be treated, providing my patients with a partner in their healthcare management.
Dr. Keith Bufford was born in Opelika, Alabama and grew up on a farm 10 miles south of Auburn. He earned his BS degree from Auburn University and his Medical Degree from the University Of Alabama School Of Medicine, UAB. He completed his Family Medicine Residency in Tuscaloosa Alabama.
He is currently the Medical Director of the Rural Medicine Program at Auburn University / University of Alabama School of Medicine. He is Board Certified in Family Medicine and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Medicine.
He is married with 2 children. His hobbies and interests include outdoor activities when time permits such as, hunting, fishing, tennis, canoeing, biking, water skiing, working on the family farm and walking with his Labrador retriever.
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine UAB School of Medicine 2007 – present.
- Medical Director Auburn University/ University of Alabama School of Medicine Rural Medical Program. Teaching Clinical Applications I and II for the College of Science and Mathematics. 2006 – Present
- President of the Alabama Academy of Family Physicians 1998-1999
- Vice President of the Alabama Academy of Family Physicians 1997-1998
- Vice President of the Southeast Alabama Academy of Family Physicians 1995-1997
- Chairman of Annual Program Committee for Annual Scientific Assembly AAFP 1996-1997
- Chairman of Censor Elmore County Medical Society 1994
- Faculty University of Alabama School of Medicine preceptor for Medical Students 1990-2004
- President of Elmore County Medical Society 1992-1993
- Chairman of Physical Therapy Committee Community Hospital Tallassee 1992- 1993
|Diplomat American board of Family Medicine||1990 – present|
|Diplomat National Board of Medical Examiners||1988 – present|
|American Academy of Family Physicians||1987 – present|
|Alabama Academy of Family Physicians||1987 – present|
|American Medical Association||1987 – present|
|Lee County Medical Society||2005 – present|
|Sons of the American Revolution||2007 – present|
Pediatrics Award, DCH University of Alabama
William F. De Shazo Award
Outstanding Family Practice Resident, Department of Family Medicine DCHS, University of Alabama